Friday, June 19, 2009

Archipelago

You know how people say everything you need to know you learned in kindergarten? Well I believe a variation of this idea. I think some of the preferences and likes/dislikes I have are due to experiences I had as a child.

Exibit A:

I love Asians. Sometimes I really wish I were Asian. Probably only Christian Siriano, Ashley Cook, and Lindsi Bristow understand this fully. I believe this affinity for Asians and their culture is due to the fact that we moved to Japan when I was 6 months old. Some of the first people I knew and associated with were Asian. Hence the obsession. Since the closest I'll ever get to being Asian is having Harper as a best friend let's move on to...

Exibit B:

I love red hair. Ariel has red hair. My sisters all colored their hair various shades of red when I was 7. When I was in 4th grade my best friend Katie had red hair. Also in 4th grade, my red-headed neighbor William Gallagher and I sat on the bus together on our way home from school. One day we wrote on a piece of paper 3 people we each had a crush on in our school class. We both included each other on our lists. I guess you could say he was my first love. I have always wanted red hair. I figured why not try it out while on my way back to my natural color?

3 comments:

Myke said...

So most of the time when people die their hair it looks fake... this doesn't. Welcome to the club.

shipley said...

It looks way fab! I have to admit i was nervous for you, but what a beauty you are! Way better than Ariel's no doubt about it!

Katie said...

I loooove your hair red!