Sunday, December 21, 2008

Play Dates

Moving around as much as I did as a child, and being the shy kid I was, it was always hard for me to initially make friends at school. At church on the other hand, I always had pretty immediate friends. For the times when I did have trouble, I can remember a lot of play dates and Mom arranged friendships happening. Is this why my Mother tried to force me into one today? I guess her mother told mine that she (as in the daughter) was complaining about there being nothing to do on this side of town and just being really bored in general. So my mother told her “Oh Leah says the same thing!” Yes, I do get bored, but I also have realized there’s basically two more weeks until I go back to school and all of my siblings and their little babies will be here Wednesday so it’s nbd. I can handle the boredom for a few more days. On my way out of church today my Mom yells to me “Leah, Leah, wait!” I come back in to face the poor girl, who I can tell is really embarrassed, along with her mother and my mother standing around her. She goes to BYUI too so it was basically "where do you live at school, what track are you on blah blah blah." Only, it was her mother asking me all of these questions and me answering as if the girl was asking me, and the girl just looking really uncomfortable the entire time. At the end of it all I said “Well, I’m sure we have each others numbers in the roster..so yes, we will have to do something.” Mom, I think I am a little old for play dates.

5 comments:

Myke said...

Haha, that's an awesome story.

ZacharyPaul said...

That's a great story. Sadly enough my mom has tried to do the same thing or even worse make me go to singles activities.

Amy said...

Haha.
Moms.

Jenna and Scott said...

haha that made me laugh, mostly because my mom did the same thing to me this week at enrichment! oh mothers! I love your blog! It was a pleasure meeting you at the sweater party, and bonding at D.I as well! I hope to hang out with you all next fall when i return to the 208! have a merry christmas leah!

Quinn the Eskimo said...

This made me laugh because it's so true. My parents don't set up play dates, but they do make me come talk to anyone who has been to Brazil. "Quinn, Quinn! They lived in Sao Paulo! Come speak some Portuguese for them!"